Nav

Default Accident Emergency Question [Three part ]

DSK wrote:

Nav wrote:

Well it's a serious question and I agree with you. Are you surprised
you knew/guessed the best (IMHO) answer?

I neither "knew" nor guessed, just described what I would (probably) do.
Since I have been in a similar situation, that affects my judgement.

I am surprised that you agree, I am not surprised that you think in
terms of "right" and "best" answers as though sailing was some sort of
academic exercise where theory & book-learning counts for more than
actual ability.

So you don't think it's the "best (IMHO)" answer? What is a better
answer? Please don't tell us you are muddled and unable to judge merit
among choices! This would never do for a skipper. As for my thinking
about sailing as an academic exercise your are quite wrong.
Nevertheless, your dislike of education shows. Frankly many things can
be better learnt from others and "book-learning" is an important
tool/medium for achieving this -ask any qualified ships master.
Knowledge forearms all and even those who only seem learn from practical
repitition, would be better off for some "book-learning" -IMHO of course.

Cheers