Nav

Default Racing Question #23

OzOne wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:09:02 +1200, Nav
scribbled thusly:

Hey Doug here's a good helming question for you:

Lets say you are racing hard on the wind with no boats near you and the
wind strength changes from 10 to 15 knots with the same direction.

Q1) As helm what should you first do first:

1) Nothing and wait
2) Immmediately change course to keep apparent wind direction the same
3) Counter increased weather helm but keep course the same
4) Reduce helm and let boat round up more quickly
5) None of the above -explain.

Q2. The wind drops to 10 knots again with no change in direction.

Your immediate reaction is to...

There's some good racing lessons in the answers and their explanations.

Cheers

Navvie, Doug can drive.
The answers fron others like Donal could be interesting :-)

We know he can drive but I wonder if he can answer the Q's correctly.
Why not let him email you the answer...

Cheers