Y. Ding

Default towing a boat

18' Campion with a 115hp outboard towed by a Nissan 2L pickup 4wd (in 2wd
99.9999% of the time) on the freeway at 65mph to 70mph in 5th gear on the
flat, and 50 on a steep grade in 4th. As long as I keep my revs up around
3k I have no problems. Gone as far as 150 miles round trip without a hiccup
or spare tire. I have been able to keep up with traffic and have even
overtaken some of the slower folk on the freeway! The pickup is geared well
for towing and even without a load it does not accelerate quickly.

I had reservations about the towing capacity and so did my friends but that
was soon dispelled once I hooked on the trailer and took her for a spin. I
also have a Range Rover that has a 7k lb towing capacity but it also has an
incredible thirst for gas. I love my pickup and I don't need a V8. Ask to
borrow somebody's smaller car and take it for a spin then make up your mind.
I have a well balanced trailer without too much load on the tongue (about
75lb). Anybody need a used RR?

"Jesse Dinkin" wrote in message
I curious what people use to tow their boats and whether they are

satisfied
with the way it goes....what size boat vs what size vehicle?????.....do I
need an 8 cylinder like a friend said??????....I have a 18ft bowrider

which
I presently keep at a marina but my wife thinks she may want to explore
other water options..........