Bart Senior

Default Impress me with your genius! [15 points]

Incorrect Jon. I don't think anyone will get this one. It's subtle.

Jonathan Ganz wrote
Well, it's not particularly good to heel excessively when motor sailing,
as you may have the engine water intake out of the water from time to
time. But the main would contribe to heel also.. more in fact, so I'm
not sure why. Perhaps so it doesn't backwind and slow the boat down?
Excessive luffing damages the sail of course.

"Bart Senior" wrote in message

Another question inspired by a Dutch sailor. I caught on
to what he was doing, because I was not occupied with
anything else at the time. No one else on board did.

Impress me with your genius! [15 points]

While motor sailing, close hauled, you trim your jib so that it is
slightly luffing?

Why would you do this?