Flying Tadpole

Default How to service and keep in service a dry powder extinguisher

Horvath wrote:

snip
I once asked some environmental asshole why we couldn't use nitrogen
fire suppression systems in a computer room, instead of halon.

N2 is safe, cheap, easy to handle, and environmentally safe. What
could be better? This dumbass answered with a long crappy speech
about nitrous oxides. I exlplained that only a small amout would be
generated, less than from a diesel engine. He said that any amount is
too much. I saw him as a small person.

The "any is too much" argument, I fear, is so entrenched there's
no getting rid of it in the foreseeable future. SA Government
spokesman, in the newspaper two days ago: (approx.quote) "We all
know that a litre of oil can toally pollute a million litres of
water". Sigh.

--
Flying Tadpole

Break Away, Sail Away and putz away