Horvath

Default How to service and keep in service a dry powder extinguisher

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:19:07 +1200, Nav wrote
this crap:

What I don't understand is the objection to Halon when cars lose more
refrigerant every day than is used in controlling boat fires. lets face
facts, a fire a sea is a huge threat to life and a few Kg of Halon will
put out a fire much better than powder -especially a fuel fire in a bilge!

I once asked some environmental asshole why we couldn't use nitrogen
fire suppression systems in a computer room, instead of halon.

N2 is safe, cheap, easy to handle, and environmentally safe. What
could be better? This dumbass answered with a long crappy speech
about nitrous oxides. I exlplained that only a small amout would be
generated, less than from a diesel engine. He said that any amount is
too much. I saw him as a small person.