Mike Elliott

Default How to remove rust stains from gelcoat

I use clr in my gel coated whirlpool all the time, works like a charm on
iron stains from our hard water...

Mike

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
CLR from Wal-mart about $5 removed the rust stains from my pool's diving
board.

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
I've heard muriatic acid, Rust Aid, or Barkeeper's Friend. I have the

same
problem, but haven't tried any of 'em yet.

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
link.net...
You can try Starbrite's "Rust Stain Remover". I haven't tried it but

they
make
it for use on fiberglass.

Dan

Barry Minchey wrote:
Removed a fire extinguisher bracket and will not install new one in
the same place. Nasty rust stain. Are there good solvents for this

or
should I use a polishing compound?

Thanks!