Steve

Default Interesting book

Perhaps the effort and expendature would be wasted on the average
movie-goer.. But it if it were possible to truly recreate "Life Under Sail"
I personally would feel it was money well spent.

I appreciate the other background information you just provided and I am
glad to hear that they did make the effort with the Rose.. This may go
towards the extended preservation of that ship.

Not only does the Rose voyage sound interesting, but it think it, in it's
self, would have afforded an opportunity for a documentary. It also has
provided an opportunity for present day sailers to actually gain experience
in sail a ship of that era. I know they sail a few square riggers for
training vessels, but those traines seldom ever follow a "Life Under Sail".
The experience, with that regard, is wasted..

I think Irving Johnson had the right idea and I'm wondering if it would be
possible for a Master of Sail to do the samething today..

Just my thoughts FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions