Flying Tadpole

Default All 11 myths

OzOne wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:12:48 +0930, Flying Tadpole
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:42:12 +0930, Flying Tadpole
scribbled thusly:

snerp This is why i don't see Lady
Kate as a large-ocean-crosser. :^|

Close in the spa pool in the bow and you'd be much better equipped.
Hell maybe even a drop in gate for hen you get in trouble.

The drop-in gate is designed, not yet built--no point until the
Murray Mouth opens. And a folding hatch over the bow well,
although the well remains free draining. Otherwise the ground
tackle would end up getting washed out....

OK, I sorta thought that there would be one on the drawing board.

It's a pretty easy fix: there are heavy scantlings vertically at
the bow, so few gudgeons and ss rod together with an
appropriately braced ply rectangle and voila! a combined closed
bow and boarding plank...

The open bow is just too convenient on the lakes!

Oh yeah, great convenience.....and a great convenience too I guess :-)

Both. Remember, we beach this craft (or reed it) None of these
undignified scrambles up and down high sides. And the other
convenience also means that if you fall overboard, you've the
whole length of the boat to scramble back, or alternatively kill
you then and there. Sooo much better than falling of the stern
while contemplating...

--
Flying Tadpole

Break Away, Sail Away and putz away