Joe

Default Jim Cate visits RedCloud

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Not so sharp that he would run not walk away from a MacXipad.
But, I believe you when you say you don't have rust on your boat.

Well I must admit at the 8th frame above deck under the cap rail I
found a 1/2"X 1/4" spot of rust this week. I will get out the needle
gun, wire wheel, endsallrust, metcoat primer and epoxy top coat and
stop it as soon as we have weather that will permit me to do a proper
job,need a Humidity level below 20%. After that I will use my
Elektrophysik-Koln Mikrotest and measure the paint thinkness. I also
plan to dive under the boat and check my zincs and see if I need to
scrub the bottom.

Joe
Metal preservation expert.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Jim Cate" wrote

After all the discussion about Joe's "rust bucket" boat Red Cloud, I

was
very impressed with it.

This means nothing, coming from a Mac26XM owner.

Scotty, Even a Mac owner can tell if a boat has any rust or not or
weather it is well maintained. Jim has a sharp eye.

He keeps it in top shape, with a sparkling
bright red-orange-yellow paint job.

What, no green? No orange either, guess he's talking about all the

safety equipment it international orange.

Seems like a great blue water sailing vessel,

You claim the Mac is a great ''blue water'' boat. Hey Joe, he's dissin

your
ride!

Be nice to the new member Scotty, IIRC you owned a Mac.

Joe

Scotty