Rich Stern

Default SeaDoos

I would also hazard to guess that there is a greater percentage of boaters
who drink while operating than there are car drivers who do the same thing
because it is basically part of the boating culture... In most cases, being
slightly inebriated on the water is going to have a less serious effect than
doing it on the pavement...

"In most cases" is the problem. "In most cases" a drunk driver doesn't kill
anyone, but there are still plenty of cases where they do. While boats are
slower and there is more space between them, boats operate in an environments
that are far less forgiving once trouble shows up.

Just say no.

On topic: I think a Sea Doo sport boat is a great first boat. They're simple,
safe in reasonable conditions, and not hard to operate. A single engine model
is probably easiest, but even dual engine models aren't hard to handle. Don't
rule out the other brands like Sugar Sand and Yamaha. The one caution: The
earlier and current smaller jet powered boats have very shallow, slap-happy
hulls that are punishing in anything but smooth water.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database