Wildest Dream

Default 3 or 4 blade props?

I know my boat gets on plain using them if I don't use them and have allot
of people onboard I never get on plain and it would be very inefficient to
keep trying I would think, but then again I don't have a flow scan and a gps
so I can't tell u for sure, but I know if I'm not on plain I'm not going
anywhere fast. Just sitting back relaxing, taking a cruise. Happy boating

"Joe" wrote in message

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

Now for trim tabs. Great for slow planing but will kill fuel

economy
doing
so. They create a lot of drag to force the bow down at slower

speeds.
Of
course you can raise them and get the efficiency back.

I've found the opposite to be true.

Really, JoeTechnician? Please do tell how you think that trim tabs
don't create drag when they are deployed?
and in And, if they are creating drag, unfortunately, they are also

hurting
fuel economy.

Who said they didn't create drag?

But, if the drag they do create is less than the drag they reduce (stern
dive, pushing a wall of water against the bottom of the hull), and
inefficient prop angle (wasted energy pushing the bow up instead of the

boat
forward) then the overall decrease in drag will result in increased fuel
efficiency.