Seahag

Default We're Back!

"DSK" wrote:
Seahag wrote:
Right now I'm working on the exterior teak. I finally got Cetol on the

cap
rail under the taffrail.

AAAACK... Cetol?!?!? What's the point?

Cetol is great once you learn how to use it. It's way more forgiving on
older teak than varnish. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to put on
16 coats of varnish only to have the plugs and seams blow damn near every
spring. F**k varnish:^)

... We've finally come up with a do-able plan for the
mainmast support rebuild, so that might happen soon. The weather's

getting
pretty hot and sticky so I don't know how much I can do.

What's up with mast supports? Are you switching to deck stepped masts?

The main mast step is on the sole so there needs to be something between
that and the keel besides 18" of air. There were a couple of loose chunks
of oak, but we'd like something more likely to stay in place when the you
know hits the fan.

BTW was it Bill who filmed that footage of the Clintons snoozing at
Reagan's funeral? I didn't see it but a couple of friends have mentioned
it... priceless!

Hahahaha, Prince Charlie was pretty out too, ya shoulda seen it! That was
at the cathedral, Bill was on the porch of the Capitol, he did all the
camera moves on Nancy and the coffin.

Seahag