Peter Wiley

Default What If #4-Answer

In article , Jeff Morris
wrote:

"Donal" wrote in message
Atlantic Ocean. If I headed East I would hit Cape Finisterre, more or

less. Of
course, the prevailing wind is from the West, so most of the time I'm in

the lee
of a continent. Last Summer we did 20+ miles up or down the coast about

10
times.

Wow! **20** miles, huh? "Up and down the coast", huh?

Sorry if my effort to be honest was lost on you - 20 miles is the shortest
trip
we took, and that's measured from the harbor entrance about 10 miles from our
berth. We also went to Provincetown, about 50 miles and Martha's Vineyard,
around 100+ miles. In a few weeks we'll (hopefully) go to Maine - The first
leg
is about 180 miles 30 miles offshore.

Keep in mind that if Donal tried to go 30 miles offshore, he'd hit
France.

PDW