Jeff Morris

Default What If #4-Answer

Sorry Ozzy, I acknowledged several posts back that the Channel was a special
situation. I said: "... you sail in an area with particularly heavy commercial
traffic, plus a strong current that often opposes the wind."

I was surprised by one forecast that listed the wave height for most of the
Channel as being under a meter for the next few days - I assumed it would almost
always be rougher than that. BTW, I don't think Donal keeps his boat in the
Channel.

This isn't about what is appropriate for a Channel crossing, or the
Sydney-Hobart race. Donal has declared that all sailboats must always stay
sealed up, regardless of the boat or the situation. It just isn't so.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:45:36 +0100, "Donal"
scribbled thusly:

I checked out the wave heights for your neighborhood - for the next

several days
it will be 1 foot or less. It sounds pretty rough out there, you better

batten
down your Bendytoy.

Hmmmm! You are beginning to sound like Bobsprit.

Regards

Donal

Pretty obvious he's never seen The Channel let alone read about or
sailed upon it eh Donal.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.