Jeff Morris

Default What If #4-Answer

"Donal" wrote in message
I sure you have some experience. You just like to act like someone whose
knowledge is all from a book they plan to read someday. Pretty funny

shtick you
have there.

I'm quite surprised that you accuse me of using "book" knowledge. I've made
some big gaffs here over the years - and most of them have been due to the
fact that I post the truth as I see it.

No Donal, I didn't accuse you of using "book" knowledge. I accused you of
stating what you assumed must be in the book, because it made sense to you.

I've learned an awful lot from this ng, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
You, on the other hand, seem to feel that you are so experienced that you
can only dispense wisdom. I am fortunate enough to be able to absorb
wisdom. I guess that I am luckier than you.

You're being quite the hypocrite here. I only said the each skipper should make
there own decision based on their boat and the situation. You're the one who
dogmatically proclaimed "Hatches are always sealed when a sailing boat is
underway." Now, if you had said that you always do it, because of the nature
of your boat, or the area you sail, or the size of the crew, it would have been
an interesting, informative post. But you declared unequivocally, for all
boats, for all situations, for all time, "Hatches are always sealed when a
sailing boat is underway."

Now you're accusing me of only be capable of "dispensing wisdom" because I've
offered situations where perhaps your dogmatic rule doesn't apply. You're a
real piece of work, Donal.

We all sail in completely different waters. Our communication gives us the
ability to learn from one another. I've learned things from reading your
posts.

And I yours. I'm just yanking your chain here.

BTW, the chop is measured on top of the longer swells - total wave height

was
considerably higher, but only the steep component is worth mentioning.

You'll
learn about this when you read that book.

I checked out the wave heights for your neighborhood - for the next

several days
it will be 1 foot or less. It sounds pretty rough out there, you better

batten
down your Bendytoy.

Hmmmm! You are beginning to sound like Bobsprit.

Now that's a low blow! BTW, I did realize one factor I had ignored from your
weather report: the temperature there is only 60 degrees - if it's that cold
when I go out, I have the hatches closed too! We were sealed up today because
it was only 70. The issue gets more important when the air temp is over 90 and
the water is over 80.