Lawrence James

Default Trailer Galvanized finish question

Maybe an acid wash of some sort. I'd guess you accelerated the oxidation of
the lead somehow.

"z1r1200cc" wrote in message
I just purchased a new Load Rite trailer, and like an idiot, I listened to

friend of mine, and used Mothers metal polish on the rails. They looked
great initially.

Now overnight the rails turned grey and have a white residue on them!
The parts I did not do are still shiny.

Is there anything I can do to restore the shine?
What did I do, the metal polish is not abrasive?
Is there any cleaner that can restore the shine?
What about Chembrite? I saw it in a trailer parts catalog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Distressed in Long Island
Joe