Flying Tadpole

Default We're Back!

katysails wrote:

Taddy stated:
and with the oars
moving gently and effortlessly, pulls away smoothly as a swan
swimming, with a soft sibilant hiss as the bow slices through the
water.

Oars???? You giug frogs from a BOAT???? Heck...we used to just wade nto
the old weeds and lilypads and "spurt"...they're gigged....doesn't seem
quite fitting to sneal up on 'em in a boat....
--

_My_ boat has a gig from time to time, for elegant transfer of
the captain from yacht to shore and back. You and Snotty, it

Clearly, we've tripped over different English dialects. Gigging
frogs? Nope. Gigging pubs, yes. And I know about pithing toads,
though for Scotty's benefit I'd better explain right now that
it's not a lisped description of his usual excretory functions.

--
Flying Tadpole

Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera