Flying Tadpole

Default What If #4-Answer

Scott Vernon wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote

Way way back in our training, we were taught to put out fat fires
in fish & chip shops with an asbestos blanket (just smothered)
as this gave the shop owner some chance of recovering some of the
fat (this is soooo long ago that such places weren't required to
have fire blankets...). If one used the alternative of dry
powder, the powder would ruin the remaining fat, wheras all the
asbestos blanket did was give customers over the next 6 months
asbestosis in their future life.

Bah! A little asbestos never hurt nobody. the pillows in our guest room are
stuffed with it.

Hey, half of Sydney grew up in asbestos houses and it didn't
affect them--look at Oz and Peter Wiley.
--
Flying Tadpole

Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera