Scott Vernon

Default What If #4-Answer

Yes, mine drain out the side, onto the cabin top. The point was, if the
boat had vents then closing the hatch would be futile.

BTW a buddy had someone (husband of woman he was 'seeing') try to set his
truck on fire. Put a cup of gas in the cab, lit it and closed the door.
Took a bit for the cup to melt and spill the gas ( allowed him a getaway)
which then burned the insides of the cab, but only for a few moments. It
suffocated. The fire chief said that if a window had been cracked open, even
1/4'', the truck would have burnt to the ground.

SV

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Scott Vernon wrote:

I believe vents, with proper dorades are more for air circ while the

boat is
sitting (in the slip) with all hatches closed.

SV

If it has proper dorades, they should have their own drains so
that the vents are useable at sea with all the hatches closed and
dogged. My bow dorades spit a bit in heavy chop (when the spa
bath is working)

--
Flying Tadpole

Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera