Horvath

Default What If #4-Answer

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:53:45 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
wrote this crap:

"Donal" wrote in message

That means
hatches were probably dogged.

Hatches are always sealed when a sailing boat is underway.

Wow, your crew must suffer on a hot day. There are lots of boats, and lots of
situations where its desirable and permissible to make way with a hatch open. I
would say that 90% of the time we have a saloon hatch open underway, weather
permitting. Three of our hatches (2 in the galley, one in the head) have been
cracked open for all but a few hours in the last 5 years.

I keep my hatches open so my beer don't get too warm.