Jeff Morris

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

"Donal" wrote in message

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..

BTW Donal, did your God create the entire fossil record, fake
radiocarbon dating and create the appearance of plate tectonics, or do
you accept that these things happened over millions of years elapsed
time?

I don't have an issue with any of these things.

My only problem is with the theoty of evolution. I don't see how *we*
could have evolved in the available time.

I've asked but you haven't commented: Is the "we" humans ... as in "human
consciousness couldn't have evolved from the apes in a few million years" ? Or
is it that the basic mechanisms of life, such as DNA could not have happened in
the time allotted to that process in the theory? Or is it the vast diversity of
life? Or something else?

I also have a problem with the
creation of the Universe.

I have a problem with those that think we are close to knowing "the answer" to
that question. In reality, our "universe" is probably just a wart on the butt
of some dimension we won't dream of for another millennium. To draw some
conclusion, such as the existence of God, because our current understanding of
cosmology is not satisfying is silly.

-jeff