Default OT Surprise Winner of JD Powers 2003 Best Auto is Toyota and Lexus

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:22:09 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

I don't understand GM at all. Last summer I rented a full-size Pontiac
sedan for 10 days. It was an almost new car, with under 1500 miles. It
was, to put it mildy, a piece of crap.

I do a lot of traveling, and hence, rent a lot of cars. I remember
when the Chevy Malibu was being positioned as the "Accord Killer."
Laughable.

My Mailbu rental had less then 100 miles on it, and the panel that
houses the power window switches was already falling out of the door.
The plastic is cheap, the attention to detail terrible, and the fit
and finish even worse. The Accord is like a Rolls Royce compared to
anything GM makes, never mind an Acura or Lexus.

It's sad, because GM really could build a good vehicle. I'm convinced
that they'd be near bankrupt if it weren't for the rental car
companies buying all of their sedans. If Toyota, Nissan and Honda
ever got real serious about the full-size truck market (which it seem
now they are), GM in Ford will be in a world of hurt.