felton

Default Absolute must read

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:15:47 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote:

I'd say it's about 50/50. Some are just not worth it, and we
usually sell parts or even scrap them. I got my boat that way.
It had rainwater in it and a bunch of broken stuff, but the hull
was sound. They were getting ready to trash it, but I elected
to save it... at least I knew what I was getting into.

In a weak moment, I was considering buying a "project" Boston Whaler
Harpoon a few weeks ago. I have been wanting a sailing dinghy to sail
in the evenings at a lake closer to home as my boat is an hour and a
half (one way) for me. What a wreck. It was half full of water,
missing the rudder/tiller and had a nest of ducks living in it, eggs
and all. The guy wasn't exactly giving it away, either