JAXAshby

Default Siphons, anti-siphons & wet exhausts

oxxy, bring something of value to the discussion or go back to your sandbox.

First an exhaust is a sealed system

it is.

OK, is that good?

that can't get water into it,

it can. from and only from the water injection point and from the ocean.

Oh OK, so that's not goo right?
After all something that's sealed shouldn't leak eh?

now
it's got a water injection system,

yup, which has to be higher than the waterline or it will flood when the

engine
is not running and the seacock is open

OK, we covered taht, the sealed exhaust system isn't sealed but open
at 2 points....3 actually but you'd need to know a little about
engines to understand that......then again is it 4 points if you count
the syphon break?

what word didn't you understand, oxxy?

I'm still a little stumped on a totally sealed exhaust which you're
worried about getting water through the manifold when it's got open
ends.
BTW Jocks, ever seen what happens when a boat partially fills because
of say a holing and settles about 12"?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.