Calif Bill

Default propeller engineering question

Hydro generators do use a propeller. They use a Peltier Bucket. Originally
designed for hydrulic mining in the California goldfields.
Bill

"Snafu" wrote in message
news
I don't have any answers for you, but what you are describing is really

very
similar to the way a generator in a hydro-electric dam is driven. Instead
of a propeller, it's a turbine. Maybe you could do some research on the
characteristics of a hydro-power turbine?

Sounds like an interesting project; let us know what you come up with!

"MBS" wrote in message
om...
I am looking to design a water propeller to turn a small generator and
have some questions. First of all, I have some propeller design
programs for a "driving" propeller but was wondering which
characteristics are true (or approximate) in reverse. Of course, I am
assuming that the concave side of the propeller will be facing
upstream in the "driven" condition.