Jeff Morris

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

"Donal" wrote in message
Wally, on reflection, your post deserves a serious answer.
So here goes....

You seem to be suggesting that we know so little about our environment that
we shouldn't even bother to seek answers.

I don't see how you could possible draw that conclusion. In fact, his argument
was quite the opposite.

Let me quote you.
" Ultimately, the data that we have, compared with the data that we think
is
still out there, is laughably small - it's statistically insignificant. "

Then you say :-
" To sit here on our silly little speck of dust for a whole second, and
then
try to state categorically - to draw an "inescapable conclusion" with

regard
to - how the universe came to exist is stupefyingly pointless"

If we all agreed with with your reasoning, then we would be still stuck in
the dark ages. We would not engage in any scientific research because the
task (gap in our knowledge) was so huge.

Why do you say that? Do you only work on problems where the solution is
trivial? I suppose that might be the case: you triviallized all of evolution
by simply saying, "I thought about it, and it doesn't work."