JAXAshby

Default Incredible learning experience

old thom, you are babbling, trying desparately to convince yourself that what
you learned in a sailing book loooooooooooooooooooong ago HAS TO BE RIGHT, even
though the sailing book was written by an amateur.

just why in hell do you think that air behaves differently over a verticle
surface as compared to a horizontal surface?

Jax,

The description of the operations of a sail say they work because the
air flows over a curved sail. A CURVED SAIL.

The Jax description of the action is sail is the only one I've seen that
says;"One side of the sail is curved.

Jax, there is a difference between a Sail and a Wing. A Wing can have
one curved side. A Sail, by it's nature, must curve both side.

Now that we understand that, you can continue on with your Troll of
"Newton's Laws" for the action of a Sail's power generation.

While you're at it, why not explain Jax's Method of up wind motion with
bare poles! ( That was a good one) Maybe Horse-Fat will understand.

Ole Thom