Joe

Default 50 MPH sailing this weekend

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
I sailed near one in the bay out here... sounded like a jet engine. The guy
reached across the Gate in about 2 minutes, gybed, broke the connection
between the two sails, then came roaring back. I don't think he lost much
speed on the way back. Awesome. I was doing 10 kts on my trimaran,
and he passed me like a jet fighter.

Be sure to wear the faceplate/helmet. You don't want to get hit with
spray.

Ive seen some Rave foils here on the lake but never a Hobie.
They sent a education video and I have to sign a waiver to sail it.

The wind has really been kickin up all week in the afternoons and i
hope on 20
kts steady with gusts to 25. Im going to bring along a C note and if
its blowing hard Im going to offer it up for an extra 15-30 min.

I looking forward to the "high G turns" they claim. 2 G turn on a
sailboat! and going to sail it on the upwind side of the lake close to
shore for smooth ride and Max speed. I just hope we have a squall with
30 + knot winds.

They require a helmet, nothing said about a face plate.

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Thats what Im hoping to get to do.

Sunday I'm signed up to test sail a Hobie trifoiler.
They claim its the fastest production sailboat in the world.

I only get 30 min so please pray for strong winds at 13:30 in Texas.

If you have never seen one check out the video's at:

http://www.hobiecat.com/sailing/models_trifoiler.html

I can't wait! Just hope I do not have to sit with the salesman for to

long.
I can't afford one, but I will not let him know that:0)

Joe