Horvath

Default Marina Woes

On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:01:05 -0400, "katysails"
wrote this crap:

Haggie observed: I don't
think the marinas care about their reputations anymore, there are probably
10 boats waiting for every slip around here.

That was one of the reasons we switched to a mooring and the yacht club
environment. The marina that we had been at for years became "popular" with
a certain sort of boater, and all of a sudden there was a waiting list.
Along with that came a nonchalance about work performed by the yard. When
confronted about mistakes, or poor quality workmanship, they would laugh it
off and refuse to make good. If they didn't feel like performing some type
of work they would quote an exorbitant figure to make you go elsewhere. And
when sailing is supposed to be your "release" from the rest of the daily
crud, who needs problems there?

Ever try dry sailing, or rack-and-launch? It's becoming very popular.