Clams Canino

Default Slecting an outboard motor

Oh ... and it's worth hunting the country for one - I did. Take your time.

-W

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Find *specificly* a used, inspected, 1985-1988 Merc 115. It makes 140hp

at
the crankshaft and about 115-125 at the prop. It will mount to any

standard
NMMA transom drill holes. It weighs about 320 pounds - not bad for that
hull. You'll have all the power you ever wanted.

There may be other choices - but that's the very best you'll ever find -

of
any year outboard.

-W (who put one on a brand new boat - because they just rock)

"Splitpair" wrote in message
.. .
Are there any guides to assist one with selecting the correct

hoursepower
outboard motor based on boat size and intended use?

The boat is a 16.5 ft Chapparrel that is rated for 140hp. Powering the

boat
at that rating is over my budget and was trying to find what I can

expect
with smaller hp motors. Trying to attain a compromise between speed and

WOT.

SP