Martin Baxter

Default No Longer a Beginner!

EdGordonRN wrote:
Ed, perhaps you should have taken a lesson or two, look up asymmetric
spinnakers
and see what you can find about sailing with one, definitely not for running!

Why take a lesson when I already know how to sail, and I sail all the time? Why
take a lesson when I can read what I want to know in a book? As for spinnakers,
we were running today and talked about it, and there's no real reason for it on
our boat. Too much hassle and modification necessary. And for any other point
of sail, the last thing we need is more sail area. Consider that the boat we
sail is not a racing dinghy. It's well designed, very strong and fast, but it's
not a racer.

Whatever floats yer boat Ed!

Cheers
Marty