EdGordonRN

Default No Longer a Beginner!

If the wind didn't change direction, wouldn't your return trip have been a
broad reach?

Yeah, sometimes it was a broad reach. But technically, if we went beat to the
south against southern winds, when we came about 180 degrees, it would be a
run. Unless there's something I'm missing here.

When you harden up, do you call, "pulling the rope on the swingy
stick-thing!"?

I've never heard the term "harden up" so I have no ideal what you are talking
about. Obviously, it isn't a really necessary term. But I'm sure to people who
want others to think they sail alot, it's important to throw around.