EdGordonRN

Default No Longer a Beginner!

Yes - the "lubbers" forecast (I use Wunderground) is handy for many aspects
of the weather. But for telling the wind strength and direction, as well as
wave heights, the marine forecast is needed. In addition, the marine

forecast
will give wind and water predictions for both protected and unprotected

waters, as
well as any marine advisories. I would think that anyone venturing out,
especially in a small boat, would be interested in these things.

Nonsense. Weather.com gives wind direction, speed, and wave height. It also
gives temp, humidity, etc, and it forcasts each hour over a 12 hour stretch. We
wouldn't be sailing during small craft advisories, so who cares about them. I
can see if one has an off-shore boat that they'd want a marine radio, but we
get by and we never use the term "lubber." Nor do we have a parrot that sits on
our shoulder, nor do we hunt large white whales.