Navigator

Default No Longer a Beginner!

DSK wrote:

This is why Navvie was so sure that *no* dinghy could be sailed in
30+ knot winds.

Navigator wrote:

Unmanageable does not mean can't be sailed. Look it up.

Look it up where?

OED:

Incapable of being properly or conveniently handled or manipulated.

1658 PHILLIPS, Immanity,..such a hugenesse as renders a thing
unmanageable. 1779 Phil. Trans. LXIX. 422 It required an index of an
unmanageable length. 1805 in Nicolas Disp. Nelson (1846) VII. 166 So
that the Ship was entirely unmanageable.

Note the last example...

But other than that, you're right. I apologize, the two terms should be
kept seperate.

A maybe subtle difference but important I feel.

Cheers