EdGordonRN

Default No Longer a Beginner!

"perfectly"?? Sorry, nobody including Paul Elvstrom and Buddy Melges
sails perfectly. But I'm glad you're having a lot of fun, that's what it
should be like.

Well, true. But we didn't capsize.

?? Never seen reef points on a Hunter 146 (or any other boat that size).

Yeah, our main sail has them, one set anyway. So did our apollo when we had
that one, and it was 16 ft.

Probably not. Unless you've mistreated it somehow, the rigging on that
boat should not break in the strongest winds you can keep it right-side up.

I hope you're right. But the boat doesn't come with hiking straps, and I put
them in. Still, you're probably right. 10 mph more and we wouldn't have kept it
upright on tacks and yet I don't think the rigging would have broke.