Wally

Default Wally's Spin

Bobsprit wrote:

This Sony takes 2 mp pix and even does 30 second movies. Uses the
memory stick and costs 179.00 US.
It's no toy dispite the low cost:

Yup, different price point and quality. I'm going to see how I get on with
the ZippoCam for now - I'd like to do video eventually, so I'm keeping an
eye on the little solid-state vidcams that are coming out. They lack memory
at present, but they'll develop over the coming months.

Looks like this:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_.../sony_u30.html

Scroll down and you'll also see a pic of the waterproof version which
I also own. Fun cameras and they actually get more use than my
prosumer cameras.

The waterproof one looks a little large beside the U30. Interesting
form-factor - how do you find the handling? (I suppose it's like the 'grip'
side of an SLR...)

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com