Wally

Default Wally's Spin

Bobsprit wrote:

You'll take a pic of it out of the bag in +10 knots? Oh goody!

I said I might.

By the way, the best low cost digicam for a boat is the Sony U30, U40
and waterproof versions. They are small enough to be worn around the
neck (tucked under a short please!). They are poor at night though.
Most of the new pics on my site were taken with these tiny Sony
cameras...

Those look like nice little cameras. Mini digicams are getting smaller and
better all the time - when I got my Ixus, it was about the only decent
quality mini-sized one around - the rest were all 35mm compact size.

I found a slightly better toycam for 20 quid - VGA res, 52 shots. Weighs 47
grams including the battery and a lanyard. Dimensions are 60mm wide, 40mm
high, 15mm thick - about the size of a Zippo lighter. It also does a lower
res (CIF) and gives 200 shots in that mode. Those capacities are with high
compression - half the number of shots for low compression. The cam I used
last night was CIF only, as was the 15-quid one I was going to get. Next
sail is a 3-race mini-series on Sunday...

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com