felton

Default Bye Bye Bushy!!!

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:21:51 -0400, "Vito" wrote:

"SAIL LOCO" wrote

.... just like the 60s .....

Funny you should mention that. Alot going on today reminds me of the '60s
when LBJ let America's infrastructure, schools and military aquisition
programs go to crap because he diverted so much $$$ to Vietnam. I can't get
out of our marina this summer except at high tide because nobody is dredging
the channel damaged by Isabel - or the ICW either - and I've run aground
twice cuz the channel markers are no longer valid but the USCG is too busy
to reset them. Notice how the winter's pot holes are getting patched instead
of fixed? Well somebody has to pay for saving Israel from Saddam then
rebuilding Iraq and that somebody is us!

Kind of reminds me of the 60s as well. I guess it is fitting that the
30 year anniversary of the Gulf of Tonkin "Big Lie" is approaching.
Further, it is kind of amusing in an ironic sort of way for folks who
don't remember those days to be criticizing guys like Kerry because he
later opposed the war. Hell, almost everybody ultimately opposed the
war. One fiasco war per generation should be enough, but all of a
sudden the "hawks" who seemed to have "other priorities" back then are
frothing at the mouth now. What a tragic waste of lives, money and
our national reputation.

ABB
Anybody But Bush