Spam Me Please

Default OT Surprise Winner of JD Powers 2003 Best Auto is Toyota and Lexus

GM's quality is not on a par with some others. I owned a Cadillac and sold
it after 2 years. The transmission would roar like a tornado whenever it
rained. GM replaced the trans. and still could not solve the problem.

Now if they had only asked if I enjoyed the load noise they would have
gotten a better JD Powers report.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Spam Me Please wrote:
If only GM would buy off J.D. Power they too could dominate the Annual
Initial Quality Study. GM execs should be fired for being so stupid as

ignore such a easy maneuver to improve quality.

Toyota And Lexus Dominate J.D. Power And Associates 2003 Initial Quality
Study
Torrance, CA - Toyota and Lexus once again dominated the annual J.D.

Power
and Associates Initial Quality Study which measures problems per 100
vehicles in the first 90 days of ownership. Toyota and Lexus vehicles

ranked
highest in 6 of 16 segments with Lexus vehicles topping every segment in
which they compete.

The Lexus LS 430 premium luxury sedan had the fewest problems of any

vehicle
in the study for the seventh consecutive year. Other Lexus vehicles at

the
top of their respective segments included the GS 430/300 sport sedans,

ES
300 luxury sedan and the Lexus RX 300 luxury utility vehicle.

Toyota vehicles at the head of their segments were the Toyota Prius in

the
compact car segment and the Toyota Highlander in the midsize SUV

segment.

"We are passionate about building quality into our vehicles," said Mark
Templin, Lexus vice president of service, parts, customer satisfaction

and
training. "It's not merely a process for us...it's our culture. This

study
is one of the leading indications that our efforts are effective."

In addition to awards for individual models, Toyota plants also scored

well
in the study, sweeping the Asia Pacific Plant awards including the

Platinum
Award for the Tahara plant which makes LS and GS, the Motomachi Plant

that
builds Prius and the Tsutsumi plant where the ES 300 and Camry are

built.

I don't understand GM at all. Last summer I rented a full-size Pontiac
sedan for 10 days. It was an almost new car, with under 1500 miles. It
was, to put it mildy, a piece of crap. Pieces and parts were falling
off, the ride was lousy and the rear suspension felt like something out
of the horse-and-buggy era. And the trunk was laughable.

I've been in other late model GM cars, including a couple of Escalades,
which should be top of the line, but they were not.

The Ford products seem better to me in terms of ride, fit and finish.
Friends who own them, however, tell me the GM trucks are pretty good.

--
Email sent to will never reach me.