Bobsprit

Default Bart's Project Report....

WOW.... you replaced your standing rigging?? Mine's original... but my
buddy who does rigging for a living inspected it and said it was in fine
shape.

I was lucky in that Alien came with new rigging. All I had to do was install
it. I replaced the running rigging over the last two seasons. Only the spin
halyard is original. I flew the spin maybe 5 or 6 times last season, but I'll
replace it this season. I had a rigging guy go aloft this season to check
everything. Again, it's cheap insurance.
Replacing the running rigging is easier on the hands (new stuff is great!),
which could be key in certain situations. It also looks better. Either one is
reason enough. I'm replacing my mainsheet tomorrow with an oversized line to
see how that works.

RB