Capt. Mooron

Default Bart's Project Report....

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| BTW.... how many halyards do you have on Alien??
|
| 5. Can you name them?

WOW... you have 5 sheaves on your masthead?? I only have 4 halyards.....
but I can rig and run 6 on my mast...all internal. Hey... maybe I'll use my
old main and jib halyard to run all 6 this year. Then again all my jibs are
hank ons so the feasibility of running two jibs on one forestay exist.

I carry 2 main halyards and 2 jib halyards.... one of which doubles as a
spinnaker halyard.

I thought you had roller furling? If so.... I'd be hard pressed to figure
why you have 5 halyards... unless 3 of them are never used. I've never seen
a photo of Alien with a chute.... or a storm trysail rigged.

CM