Jeff Morris

Default Nav's Big Blunder

"Navigator" wrote in message
But at least I was not lying about it eh? :-)

I suppose we should be grateful that you're not claiming it was a deliberate
troll from the begginning.

It wasn't just that you were wrong - you went on at length about how you know
more than everyone else about the "Constitution."

Lets consider for a moment what you did claim:

"You do know she's motoring? 10 years ago she had nearly sunk from neglect."

"No it wasn't. It was splitting open like a rotten egg and was being
braced by steel bands with fire pumps running 24/7. I was there -I
walked past her every day..."

"Sorry jeff I don't see how anything I posted was wrong"

"Not just pumps -fire pumps! And steel belts to stop her splitting open.
At the time I wrote to the mayor pointing how appalling her state was
and questioned how such a rich country not afford to maintain it's few
historical relics and connection founding history. It seemed that the
explanation resided in a lack of clear lines of responsibility between
state and federal for historical items. Meanwhile she just decayed more
and more rapidly."

And my favorite:
"Well if you don't want to believe my post then so be it, but it says
more about you than me. Sorry. Do you really think I don't know the
Constitution better than anyone here? Did you know I was a 'friend' of
the Constitution? But believe what you wish -it's all in your perception
anyway."

"Say what you like but I was there and you weren't."

"As she
was splitting opoen serious fire pumps were put on to try to stop her
sinking and still the State and Government argued about who should pay.
Now, I can't remember any Navy crew on board -just a civilian
shop/museum. The people taking tourists around were dressed like
civilians. These are FACTS. She was described as a 'Corpse' and everyone
who knew her was appalled at the way the buck was being passed around
for her massive repair bill. If only they had maintained her..."

"It was a disgrace that the rich US had allowed her to reach this
condition but all that I said was true -as you can see."

You even went so far as to post a link about the resotration of the
"Constellation" claiming it was the same ship. Ironically, that same link even
contained a description of the Constellation Hoax:
http://www.hazegray.org/faq/smn8.htm#H3

"An apology from you would be in order."