Steven Shelikoff

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

On 3 Nov 2003 05:04:15 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Scott McFadden) wrote in message . com...
"Del Cecchi" wrote in message ...

Please explain how now nitrogen and oxygen differ?

Mark Browne

Nitrogen has an atomic weight of 14 and oxygen is 16? I can live on pure
oxygen, but pure nitrogen will kill me?

Not only that.....

The nitrogen in normal "air" is responsible for a real strong "buzz"
(nitrogen narcosis, rapture of the deep, ect) when scuba diving below
depths of 130'. Too much oxygen at depth and you can die (Ox Tox).

Got to add a little some helium (15-30%) while removing same amount of
nitrogen to alleviate those little "problems" when deep diving.

Has anyone pointed out to "basskisser" the "air" we breath is 79%
nitrogen and 21% oxygen?

Has anyone pointed out to "sjm" that he is wrong? Are you REALLY
trying to tell these people that there are only TWO elements in the
air we breath???

Roundoff error? Actually, it's only about 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen.
Everything else is less than 1%.

Steve