Navigator

Default Photos - Nelsons Flagship, Victory

Jeff Morris wrote:

"Navigator" wrote in message

C'mon, nav, be a man and admit you were wrong. Only a coward like booby

plays

the "I was trolling all along" ploy.

Well if you don't want to believe my post then so be it, but it says
more about you than me.

What does it say about me? You're the one claiming you were lying before, but
now you're telling the truth. What does that say about you?

Is the cheeky 'she's motoring you know' such a lie?

Sorry. Do you really think I don't know the
Constitution better than anyone here?

Why? You seem to know very little about it. I kept my last boat within a few
hundred yards of the ship for 8 years; I've lived within 5 miles of her most of
my life. I've been aboard her many times; gotten tri ps on her;

You got trips on the Constitution? When was that exactly? I really lived
within 0.5 miles of her for 5 years!

and special
tours. However, my brother knows more, since he's been building a detail model
of her for the last 5 years or so.

Did you know I was a 'friend' of
the Constitution?

No that's probably another troll. The navy is not permitted to solicit
donations, and the museum doesn't have a "Friend" membership. But even if its
true, what's the point? Does making a donation make you an expert?

I visited her quite often on my walks around her. There were certainly
no naval personnel there in my day. Just because she had not been
decommissioned did not mean that the Navy had any interest in her
upkeep. Given what happened to her and the desperate attempts of private
citizens (and I include myself in a very small way there) to raise
awareness of what was happening I think it was more a sense of shame
brought down on the 'powers that be' that got her to the standard she is
in now. Believe me, at one point she was only months away from bursting
open like a rotten apple -it was a terrible sight for a sailor to see!
She was closed to the public becuase she was so weak and unsafe!

But believe what you wish -it's all in your perception
anyway.

And the perception of everyone else. Way to go, Navsprit!

Jeff, I would have expected more from you than that cheap shot. Oh well.

Cheers