DSK

Default Photos - Nelsons Flagship, Victory

Jeff Morris wrote:
Dead wrong, nav.

I think he's trying to break Jax's world record for the most wrong info
posted to usenet.

... I was there. She was free of her tow lines. Admittedly, it
was the first time in over 100 years, and may be the last, but she was sailing
on here own, without a tow, for about an hour.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/.../sailsked.html

http://www.ecnnews.com/const/ironside.htm

Cool links, thanks. BTW it seemed (and still seems) to me that to spend
all that money on sails, and not sail her more, is a real shame. I read
that her suit includes main & mizzen staysails, and would eventually
include stun'sls. Any idea if this came true? Seems to me that Old
Ironsides would be an outstanding training vessel, and even more
outstanding to show the flag around the world's ports. We should get our
money's worth out of her!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King