Jeff Morris

Default Photos - Nelsons Flagship, Victory

It was even nicer to see it in person. This shot was taken on her last trip,
from Boston about 20 miles to Marblehead in July, 1997. I don't know how they
got a shot with only one boat in view - there must have been 5000 boats out
there. Although most people in Boston loved the event, all of the former recent
captains of the Constitution signed a petition asking that she not be risked
again in such a venture.

Old Ironsides does continue to do an annual turn-around and various other short
trips. They continue to train with sails, but attached to an escort tug.

Although I'm currently berthed about a mile away (near the scenic LNG
off-loading facility) I kept my previous boat at Constitution Marina. This was
the view from the transient slip I used they last time I was the
http://www.sv-loki.com/Along_the_Way/constitution.jpg

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
"Bart Senior" wrote in message

.net...
It's one of those trailer sailors, that you don't dare take out on the
water.

Nelson, if he was alive, would be sad to see this glorious vessel
unfit for the sea.

Unfit for sea ya say Bart!
I thought the Brit's had pride in Englands naval past.

It's always nice to see ol Ironsides offsho
http://www.sheriff.co.wise.tx.us/cuf.../ironsides.jpg

She's clearly cared for properly, still a US Navy ship of the line.

Joe

Bart Senior

Icarus wrote

Hi

Have a look at these great pictures of Nelsons Flagship "Victory" at
Portsmouth, England.

Comments welcome.

http://y2u.co.uk/&002_Images/Victory%20Nelson%2001.htm