Gary Warner

Default Raw Water Engine Cooling - Need a Strainer?

Rick, Wayne, and all, thanks for the comments
and especially for the links. Still deciding what
will work for us and fit where we need it to.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:17:00 GMT, Rick
wrote:
It is cheap insurance and good practice to place a strainer between the
seacock and the raw water pump.

The strainers shown here by Groco are excellent for your application as
they allow visual inspection and are easily cleaned:

http://www.depcopump.com/catalog106/PAGE56.PDF

I agree with the inboard strainer recommendations. My boat has Perko
strainers. They work well and are easy to clean.

http://www.cgedwards.com/Perko/pko21.html