Clams Canino

Default Hull Damage

Assuming your hull isn't structurally hurt, you can just mix up some
fiberglass resin and use a little brush to paint it on the damaged areas.
That'll seal them up till you can fix it better.

Make sure all is VERY dry 1st.

-W

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
While having a great time with my wife on an unfamiliar section of the
Willamette River on Friday night, a rock found the bottom of my boat
(a Four Winns 205 Sundowner). Fortunately, I was not moving quickly
and neither of us was hurt. My question...

There are three gouges in the bottom of my boat ranging from 1 inch to
10 inches long and a quarter to a half an inch deep. Of course, all
have penetrated the gelcoat and there is exposed fiberglass. I would
prefer to wait until this winter to have the boat repaired but am
concerned that I may damage the boat more because of the exposed
fiberglass. I trailer the boat so it is typically only in the water
for 4-6 hours at a time. Should I be concerned about water damage
because of the exposed fiberglass? If so, is there a "quick fix" that
can get me through the rest of this season?

Thanks in advance.