Scott Vernon

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

When you're in a power boat (or a mac26mx) you're going somewhere.

When you're in a sailboat, you're alredy there.

Jim is a jackass and doesn't deserve to be a sailor.

SV

"Remco Moedt" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:13:03 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

In our area, the boat could be trailered to the Gulf coast in less than
an hour, or to various ports up and down the coast in two or three
hours. It means the difference between being essentially locked into
one sailing area for most of the year (It can get pretty monotonous) and
being able to go whereever we want to go, in one weekend. Despite your
pontification and sarcasm, the boat does substantially minimize the
"lack of time" factor.

I still don't understand why you didn't buy a motorboat and optionally
also a dinghy. IMO 'getting there' is an huge part of the fun...

Cheers!

Remco